The Board of Investment presents the Doing Business Framework in Mauritius to a Ugandan Delegation
A high-level delegation from the Ministry of Lands, Housing, and Urban Development of Uganda is currently on an official visit to Mauritius until 20th July 2017. The objective of this visit is to acquire deeper insights into the Mauritian institutional framework as well as learn from the experience of Mauritius in the area of Doing Business. In this context, the Board of Investment welcomed the delegation for a meeting this morning, 18th July 2017.
Mr. Zakir Caunhye, Head of Department, MD’s Office, showcased a full-fledged presentation on Doing Business in Mauritius. The discussions and exchanges focused on the Mauritian economic model, business facilitation, doing business environment, reforms undertaken in the construction sector and the e-licensing project.
Mr. Sachin Mohabeer, Head of Department, Smart City & Real Estate highlighted the salient features of the different real estate development schemes in Mauritius, the planning requirements, and the ways in which applications are processed and determined together with relevant stakeholders.
The delegation is led by Honourable Issac Isanga Musumba, Minister of State for Lands, Housing and Urban Development of Uganda and comprises the following officials:
- Mr. Savino Katsigaire, Director, Physical Planning and Urban Development;
- Mr. Vincent Byendaimira Biribonwa, Commissioner, Physical Planning;
- Mr. Emmanuel Kaganzi, Assistant Commissioner, Physical Planning;
- Ms. Margaret Walusimbi, Physical Planner;
- Ms. Annet Kirasa, Senior Assistant Secretary/ Personal Assistant;
- Mr. Bernard Tugume, Physical Planner; and
- Mr. Robert Mwangusha, Physical Planner.
The meeting concluded on a positive note whereby both parties expressed their strong conviction that this visit will further consolidate bilateral relations between the two countries.
18 July 2017