Entering Mauritius for Business
Following the implementation of a policy to open up the country’s frontiers, visitors may enter Mauritius and enjoy their stay.
Visitors must satisfy the following basic entry requirements prior to their entry:
- A travel document valid beyond the proposed period of stay
- Valid visa prior to entering Mauritius, as applicable
- Sufficient funds to last for the intended period of stay in Mauritius (around USD 100/ day, indicative)
- Confirmed onward/return ticket
- Entry facilities to their onward destinations, e.g. visas.
There are 2 types of visas which are given to foreign nationals coming to Mauritius: Business Visa or Tourist Visa. Foreign nationals coming for business activities or applying for an Occupation Permit should enter the country on a business visa which may be issued for a maximum of 120 days per calendar year. However, the stay during each trip on a business visa should not exceed 90 days.
A tourist visa may be issued for a maximum of 180 days per calendar year. Visitors on tourist visas should not engage in any form of business, profession, occupation or paid employment while in Mauritius.
Visitors may be required to apply for a visa prior to traveling to Mauritius. Please refer to the visa requirement section of the Passport and Immigration Office for further information. Application form for a visa can be obtained from the Mauritian embassy or consulate.